The UAE National Day and Commemoration Day holiday for employees of ministries and federal government begins on 1st December, 2016 and the work will resume on 4th December, 2016. Thursday and Friday will be observed as paid holidays. Private sector employees will resume work on 3rd December, 2016.
Things to do on this National Day
You can do the following things this National Day in the UAE:
- Book a room in a 5 star hotel in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The rates start from AED45 per night when you book directly at Jannah Hotels and Resorts group.
- You can watch the annual fireworks at Yas Marina. There is no entry fee. The fireworks will start at 2pm and end at 7pm on 2nd December, 2016.
- You can go racing at the race kart facilities. You will get up to 35% discount on 2nd and 3rd December. The timings are from 2pm to 10pm on 2nd December. On 3rd December, the timings are from 10am to 6pm. This will cost you AED225 per person for a 45 minutes session.
- You can take your children to Splash ‘n’ Party. This will cost you AED45 per child for all day access and AED50 for adults. The timings are 9am to 8pm from 30th November to 1st December, 2016.
- You can visit the Emirates Palace. This will cost you AED200 per person. You get the festive hamper for AED750.
- You can be part of the Winter Mania Carnival and Funfair for AED35.
- You get limited edition menu of 45 dishes at Cascade Dining for AED45 to celebrate the 45th National Day. The menu will be priced at AED45 from 1st December to 3rd December from 9am to 12am.
How to manage your extra expenses this holiday season?
It is no surprise that when there is a long weekend, you end up making elaborate plans and this requires you to spend a lot as well. You can either use the hard cash or you can make use of this opportunity to use your credit cards and earn reward points.
To make the most of the holiday, you can use your credit cards to go take part in the above activities. You can use the credit cards offered by:
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Emirates NBD
- Noor Bank
- Union National Bank
- Mashreq Bank
You can make the most of the promotions offered by the banks mentioned above. Most cards also allow Easy Payment Plans and you can clear out the balances by paying it in installments. Make sure that you are clearing out the balance on your credit cards at the earliest to avoid paying profit rate. Make the most of these holidays and spend quality time with your loved ones.
And finally Happy National Day.